Monday, March 19, 2012

See you later :)

I know that people mean a lot to me when they make me cry like I did when I was 5. It's the type of sobbing that is never camera friendly. Hagulgol na iyak. Nakakapanget at nakaka-ubos tissue na iyak.

I'm writing this blog entry because I can no longer contain my sadness.

Last year, our team was joined by two unbelievably amazing women. We were so eager to work with them. At some point, however, things weren't exactly perfect. But I know for a fact that difficult situations pave the way for something wonderful. In our case, we turned from being simply colleagues to becoming a family. Disputes, when resolved, give you a chance to know how extraordinary your family members are. You end up admiring and loving these people. I know I did.

And so, we got through all the drama and we vowed to make a difference. We had plans. Big plans. Exciting plans. Plans that we were really passionate about. We couldn't wait to make things happen. But we learned, like we always do, that not all things are within our control. Despite the challenges, we knew that we had each other's back. We still do.

I don't know when I'll stop crying -- maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. But I know that I will never stop trying to make a difference and I owe it to you, Jane and Neri, and to everyone who's been a part of our crazy team. Thank you for teaching me to inspire more people, to question the world, to challenge my assumptions and to realize that indeed, we are all capable of so much.

Today, I returned to work with a heavy heart. I wish I could have stopped you from leaving but I also know that there's a reason behind all this. You taught us to grow and now it's time for you to teach other people to do the same. I'm really sad to see amazing people leave the team, but I also can't help but be excited for your new lives. I know that you'll do great and life-changing things over there. :) And we promise you that we'll do the same here.

Jane Twinnie, bukod sa hindi kita nayakap nung last day mo, meron pa kong ibang regrets -- ang hindi ka nakasamang uminom nang todo, mag beach, at ang hindi ko pag master ng "ferzone language" mo. Haha. Siguro kung nag inuman sessions tayo nang madami, na-master ko sya. Wala na akong twinnie sa office. :( Thank you sa lahat lahat. Sana talaga we had more time to bond. I know our paths will cross again. And don't worry, we will keep your legacy alive. :) Dedicated sayo ang bawa't magandang pagbabagong gagawin namen. :)

Neribellz, mamimiss ko talaga ang 1000 words per minute mo at ang daily impeachment updates from you. Wala na kameng ala Miriam Santiago sa mga ITO-wide SS meetings. :D When you speak, people really listen. Ayaw mo ba maging abogado or judge? :P Nung may nagsabi sayong "You could be a catalyst for change", he was wrong. To me, you already were.

I'll miss you girls, big time. :( Andito lang kame, palage. :) Isang jeepney ride lang kame from your new 'home'.

In case I haven't shown you enough or said it enough, I love you both. I love our team. :)

(((super tight chest to chest hugs)))


*photo courtesy of Ginobells. Sorry hindi ko na naipaalam sayong kinopya ko sya. :P

No comments: