Monday, September 06, 2010

_To My Very Best_

A year ago today, we were all in the kitchen immersed in cooking. And all around the house we had balloons, colorful plates and cups, floating candles and even a HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign hung on the wall. The food could feed an entire army. The vodka and wine were overflowing. We were all psyched up for your birthday dinner. Why wouldn't we, you were turning 18. :P

You were engaged. On the horizon was your wedding. You were B's fiancee and you had Chipmunk.

Fast forward to today, you are happily married with a baby on the way. What a difference a year makes! We didn't expect you'd have a baby bump on your birthday this year, but as you've said, life is full of surprises.

I remember when you told me you probably needed more time to prepare yourself for motherhood. I guess all would-be moms feel that way at some point. I know this is coming from a single girl and I don't have the discernment that mothers have, but I do know with all my heart that you need no preparation. You need proof? God gave you Chipmunk and Riley at this point in your life. :)

You are a great mom. I say you ARE and not WILL BE, because even before Riley comes out, you are already a mom to Chipmunk. And with your caring ways, thoughtfulness and sense of responsibility that you show to me and your loved ones, motherhood has always been in your system. And it's just waiting to go full blast. :)

I am so excited for you Bes. I'm sure you will love motherhood. And like most things in our lives, this is something you have to experience first so that I can learn from you again. :P

No matter how many more little ones you'll have and wherever life takes us (do I hear Canada and Denmark? :P), I will always be your best friend and the coolest "tita ninang" of your kids. (I hope no eyebrows will be raised about that coolest tita ninang thing haha!) And if there would be days when you feel like you're not doing a good job as a mom, I'll always be there to prove you wrong. Ok, I know B would probably do that, but I'll be there to do the explaining part. Hehe.

Happy birthday my very best friend! Love you!


And because my last blog entry about our old flat made me reminisce, I chose this pic:

Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall: our trip to Taipei :)

No comments: