Sunday, September 26, 2010

_lanes_

I am gearing up for this week. September is about to end and it will be a busy time for me -- both at work and play.

I'm happy to say that September has been good to me. Overall, it has been good. :) I finally took the big leap and somehow I managed to make everything work, and amazingly, make it work just in time! Just in time before I lose my sanity :P Thank God!

It's not always easy. Just a few months ago I was ultimately feeling that I was down on my luck. And it's during those times when I tell myself that I really have to stay positive. Realistically positive. I am saying "realistically positive" because I had an interesting talk with my teenage sister yesterday in the car.

Despite the age difference, my sister and I jibe in a lot of ways. But in this particular instance, I could really distinguish the age gap. :P

The way she views life, is, well...idealistic. Probably a tad too much. Hearing a 15-year old tell me that the love of my life is just out there -- it's kinda funny and sweet. She said that when the time comes, she wants to marry her first love. She believes that her point of view comes from the fact that she's never experienced a heartbreak.

Judging by the hopeful look she was giving me, I knew I had to say something. "Well...marrying your first love..that's not gonna happen to me anymore, but maybe it could happen to you. But seriously, that's very idealistic. You even have a dream school for college!" She replied with "I'm just being positive!" in a defensive yet sophisticated manner. Clearly, her definition of positivity and mine are worlds apart -- generations apart, if you will. And she wants to know everything. I, on the other hand, am old enough to know that I don't know everything. And I never will. And I'll let her discover this on her own.

Experience really does change your outlook in life.

No matter the age, however, I know that we both want to live life the best way we can. We're both game to suck the marrow out of life and to experience surreal kind of happiness every chance we get.

I always seem to have some of the most memorable conversations during car rides. :)

No comments: