Monday, May 12, 2008

_target_


my younger brother has followed my footsteps and enrolled in a master's program in UP. the thing is, i may be the one to follow his footsteps if he gets to finish his thesis before i do. he only has 20 something units while i have 40 something, and i'm a part time student at that because i'm working (ok, was working). the serious writing mode i was supposed to be in last semester didn't happen because of a work project i did in Turkey. i'm afraid that the same thing will happen once i get back to work. as much as i'd like to concentrate on my thesis full time, i really can't afford to be jobless because thesis writing will also cost me money. i have no choice but to work and study at the same time. it also doesn't help that the professors i'd like to get as advisers are all retiring. :(

i really still have a year to go to finish my thesis on time. but i doubt if one year is enough. the only thing that encourages me to write my thesis is my friend's constant encouragement. he keeps telling me that all those years of studying, writing and presenting reports, producing baby theses, writing curriculum plans, would all be worthless if we give up now.

it will take me lots of time, effort and brains to finish my thesis. and i have to work on all three. :P but i WILL do it.

i will get that elusive diploma. i have to finish my MA if i still want to pursue a Ph.D later on.

so help me God.

No comments: