Tuesday, September 11, 2007

_quicksand_


we never outgrow the need to share what it feels like to live in our private worlds; to share our unique experiences. our problems. our frustrations. this is why a sympathetic ear is important in human relationships -- and exactly why the failure to be heard is painful.

jumping in to say what's on our minds before realizing where the other person is coming from, takes away the possibility of getting a little sympathy. not a lot of sympathy, just a little. and really, that's all it takes.

as it is, we experience things differently. and we react differently. and we recover differently.

i do not expect someone to fully understand what i'm going through (as it could be almost impossible at times). i only need someone to acknowledge the fact that i am indeed having a rough time and that i have to cope the only way i know how; someone who won't make me feel that my approach to the situation is not necessarily exaggerating.

there is a reason-- a deeper reason -- why i cry. and it's not just because i CAN (not "am", but "can") be overly -- almost irritatingly emotional (and i hate it). i cry because there are moments when i cannot find the comfort i am looking for...

i guess, sometimes, it's better not to share. there was a phase in my life where i kept everything to myself. maybe i should try doing that again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey sis. I hear you.

I just had a recent experience that made me realize how frustrating it is when people don't listen and refuse to understand where you're coming from. Your post helped me articulate my feelings.

Hope you're okay now. Take care.

P.S. Kung sino man 'yang ayaw makinig sa 'yo, don't let him or her get to you.