Wednesday, June 07, 2006

_is it time to build my wall again?_


today i am reminded why i get disappointed -- immoderately -- over broken trust and loyalty.

people who have proven themselves unworthy of my trust have downheartened me, but it also gave me an unusual chance to understand myself deeper and how such situations can bring me the lowest spirits.

i trust so much.

too much...that i expect others to emanate the same approach. but it doesn't seem to be that way. this is the perfect time to say "do not expect too much".

things become cloudy when a friend betrays you. it becomes even uglier finding out that he was never a friend to begin with. i've said more than once that i could not stand "user friendly" people. but how do i even know that they are such?

i will know.
...but only after the damage has been done.

i've been with such people -- they've shown me so much concern, expressed too much fondness, established a seemingly unbreakable bond, demonstrated saintly kindness.

there's an excellent possibility though, that they're just bluffing -- and i realized this a tad too late.

"better late than never" i guess. another cliche proven to be true.

No comments: